Stories of New Muslim converts/reverts provide a unique opportunity to learn about the thought process through which these individuals reached to bilieve that There is only one God and Muhammad, Jesus, Moses and Abraham (Peace upon them all) are prophets of The God Almighty. The narrations give a comprehensive account on comparative religion between Islam, Judaism and Christianity. No path to truth except His Guidance. May The Creator show us right Path. Ameen

1/28/09

Sister Tena

It Takes Two By Sister Tena
Both my husband and I converted to Islam. I converted during Ramadan last year and my husband shortly after. The thing that drew me to Islam was the hijab and loose clothing of the Muslim women. We both did research on the Internet and then read hadiths.
After this, I was totally convinced. The first time I went to a masjid, a sister there greeted me and gave me my first hijab, which I will cherish always. I watched on as others prayed...too scared that if I participated I might offend someone .but not realizing that they would soon become my brothers and sisters in Islam, alhamdulillah.
After I converted I did not wear hijab right away. It wasn't until a year after that I did. I found the right one to fit my head and also the right spot in my heart to wear it. Now I don't go out without it .
My husband read the Qu'ran and then shortly after converted. I'm from a Canadian Anglican background and my husband never joined his Christian church (Presbyterian). Our parents are dealing with it slowly.
I've never had any bad experience when converting to Islam. I hope that by wearing hijab that I will prompt someone to research it too.
I've met wonderful people in my walk in Islam and will continue to pray to Allah for the wonderful thing he has bestowed upon us!! Alhamdulillah.

No comments:

Post a Comment